Brake Bleeding

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@govtslug)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi everyone-

i bled my brakes and now the rear brakes don’t work.  Did my PDWA shut off my rear brakes thinking there was a leak?  I tried opening the rear bleeders and slamming on the pedal but that didn’t work. And I don’t get a strong fluid flow from the rears when I do that.  Should I try that on the front brakes?  My switch isn’t connected so the red light doesn’t come on.  I don’t see any leaks anywhere.  Any ideas?

thanks!  

govtslug

(@govtslug)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Oh sorry, my car is a 1970 TR6

govtslug

ReplyQuote
(@tcocadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

You could check from the wire connector on the PDWA switch to ground for continuity.  If it is grounded it means that the shuttle has shifted.

I am not sure that a shifted shuttle should stop brake pressure, but don't hold me to that.  Good to check the switch activation situation first though.  If the shuttle is shifted and you can tell the direction you can try to shift it back by bleeding the opposite brake set.  This is hit or miss.

During bleeding it is best to gently pump the brakes while bleeding or use a vacuum bleeder to avoid activating the PDWA. Rapid or violent pumping of the brakes will very often cause the shuttle to shift.

ReplyQuote
(@govtslug)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I took the switch out of the PDWA and tried to center the shuttle.  Rebled front and back again and still don’t get anything until the pedal is almost on the floor.  No sponginess so I don’t think I have any air in it.  I decided maybe the master’s seals got messed up when I flushed it.  The fluid was pretty old.  So I replaced the master, now I’ll rebleed everything and try it again.  Hopefully this will solve my problem.

govtslug

ReplyQuote
Share: